NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday unveiled a hologram statue of freedon fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate in New delhi. The hologram statue will be in place till a granite statue, earmarked for installation at the same spot, is complete. This is to honour Bose on his 125th birth anniversary.
These are the salient features of the hologram statue launched by PM Modi on Sunday.
* The hologram statue is 28 feet high and 6 feet wide
* It is powered by a 30,000 lumens 4KW projector
* An invisible, high gain, 90% transparent holographic screen has been erected in a way that it is not visible to visitors
* The 3D image of Netaji will be projected on it to create the effect of a hologram
* A hologram is a photographic recording of a light field, rather than an image formed by a lens
Granite statue in the works
* The granite statue to replace the hologram statue will be sculpted by Adwaita Gadanayak
* Gadanayk is the director general of National Gallery of Modern Art
* The black jade granite stone for the carving of Netaji’s statue will be brought from Telangana
* The design of the statue has been prepared by the ministry of culture
* The statue when installed will be visible from Raisina Hills