|Date of Birth||7 September 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|College/University||• M D University Rohtak, Haryana
• the University of Delhi
|Qualification(s)||• B Sc. in Physics
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
IAS Ranbir Sharma is an IAS officer of the 2012 batch Chhattisgarh cadre who was dismissed from his services in May 2021 for slapping a man who was violating the COVID-19 protocols. lAS Ranbir Sharma was born on Monday, 7 September 1981 (age 39 years; as of 2020) in Haryana. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He pursued B.Sc. in Physics from M D University Rohtak, Haryana. Later, he did B.Ed. from the University of Delhi. He then appeared for the civil service examination and cleared it.
IAS Ranbir Sharma Career
After clearing the Civil Services Exam followed by an interview, on 3 September 2012, he started his training (Junior Scale) at LBSNAA Mussoorie. On 25 April 2013, he was appointed as Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh. He then worked as the SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh from 14 August 2014 to 3 September 2015. He was then designated as the Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Deptt, Raipur. On 1 January 2016, he was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer at Panchayats Deptt. In 2020, he was appointed as the fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh.
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Designations||• Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh (25 April
• SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh (14 August 2014-3
• Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Deptt, Raipur
• Chief Executive Officer at Panchayats Deptt (1 January 2016)
• the Fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh (2020)
Controversies About IAS Ranbir Sharma
- In 2015, he was accused of taking a bribe of Rs. 10,000 from a Patwari in Bhanupratappur, Chhattisgarh.
- In May 2021, Ranbir’s video went viral in which he was slapping a man for violating the Covid-19 protocols, and Ranbir even smashed his phone on the ground. Later, Ranbir Sharma apologized for his misbehavior through a video. He said, G6 The boy first said he is going for vaccination, however, he showed a receipt that wasn’t related to vaccination. He then said he is going to meet his grandmother. I slapped him in the heat of the moment. I never had any intention to disrespect or belittle the person in the video. In this pandemic situation, district Surajpur along with the entire Chhattisgarh state has been facing the irreparable loss of lives. We all employees of the state government are striving hard to tackle this Advertisement
Some Lesser Known Facts About IAS Ranbir Sharma
- Ranbir Sharma is an IAS officer who passed out of the 2012 batch, Chhattisgarh cadre.
- He underwent training (Junior Scale) at LBSNAA Mussoorie between 3 September 2012 and 25 April 2013.
- He was designated as Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh on 25 April 2013
- From 14 August 2014 to 3 September 2015, he was designated as the SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh.
- Later, he was appointed as the Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Dept, Raipur.
- Ranbir Sharma served as the Chief Executive Officer at Panchavats Department on 1 January 2016.
- He was appointed as the fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh, in May 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic.