|Name||IAS Junaid Ahmad|
|Resident||Nagina, Bijnor, UP, India|
|Posting||Indian Revenue Service|
|Graduation||Electronic Engineering From Sharda University|
|Parents||Father is a Lawyer
Mother is a Housekeeper
|Sibling||3, Two sisters and one brother,|
Junaid Ahmad IAS, a resident of Nagina in Bijnor in UP (Uttar Pradesh), achieved AIR 3 in the UPSC CSE examinations 2018. Junaid Ahmad’s posting is in the Indian Revenue Service for which he is under training.
An aluminous of the prestigious Aligarh Muslim University Junaid Ahmad completed his Electronic Engineering from Sharda University. Junaid’s father is a lawyer while his mother is a homemaker.
He has three other siblings, out of which one is the elder sister who is married, and two others are a brother and sister who are still studying.
His Preparation Journey
Junaid Ahmad IAS had started preparing for the UPSC CSE exam after his graduation. The first attempt in 2014 resulted in failure. But this initial failure did not make him lose his determination towards clearing the Civil Services Examinations.
His continuous hard work and studying daily for five to six hours earned him success in his last attempt in 2017. He got a 352 rank and a selection in the Indian Revenue Service.
Still not happy with the results, he gave the fifth attempt in 2018 and finally fulfilled his dream of cracking the most challenging exams in India by getting an AIR 3.
IAS Junaid Ahmad Schedule for UPSC Preparation
Junaid Ahmad’s UPSC topper’s date of birth goes back to the year 1991. His first attempt at the UPSC CSE exams was in 2014, which brought him an initial failure.
But he believed in handling failures with hard work, never leaving his aim of clearing the civil services exam, which he did in the year 2018 by getting AIR 3. The following is Junaid Ahmad’s strategy for clearing the UPSC CSE exams –
The three pillars of his success mantra are aim, hard work, and handling failure.
- Avoid unnecessary study materials
- Be focused and make a simple preparation
- Reading NCERT textbooks and newspapers
- The student should focus more on the factual end objective information
- Continuous revision is the key to success
- Write answers with relevant bullet points
- Make self-notes for each topic for better content clarity
- Update the notes from newspapers as and when required
- Time management is crucial for essay type answers
The introduction and conclusion of essay-type answers should be exciting and free from grammatical errors. Also, the flow of the solution should be consistent and presentable
Self-study is essential for a better understanding
Ahmed chose Geography as an optional subject. The reason behind the choice of geography for his main exams is that Geography overlaps the general studies subject and is easy to cover.
Junaid Ahmad’s Marksheet
After having seen IAS Junaid Ahmad’s strategy for UPSC preparation, it is almost compulsory to have a peek into Junaid Ahmad’s mark sheet. His mark sheet can motivate the other IAS aspirants to work hard and follow his strategy till the dot.
|Essay (Paper – 1)||132|
|General Studies – 1 (Paper – 2)||108|
|General Studies – 2 (Paper – 3)||110|
|General Studies – 3 (Paper – 4)||111|
|General Studies – 4 (Paper – 5)||111|
|Optional – 1 (Geography) (Paper – 6)||148|
|Optional – 2 (Geography) (Paper – 7)||173|
Above given is Junaid Ahmad’s mark sheet which is highly impressive due to following reasons:
- Junaid scored 132 marks out of a total of 250 marks in the essay, In general studies paper-I he scored 108 marks out of 250 while in general studies papers II, III, and IV, he scored 110, 111, and 111 marks respectively out of 250 marks each
- In the optional subject of geography, Junaid scored 321 marks out of 350
- UPSC topper 2018 marks- Junaid Ahmad IAS scored a total of 1077 marks out of a total of 2025 marks.
UPSC Topper Junaid Ahmad Marksheet
On the Friday evening of the year 2018 when the UPSC announced the civil services final exams 2018, everybody realized that Junaid Ahmad from Bijnor UP has scored are three.
His family rejoices happily. His social media handle Junaid Ahmad IAS Instagram account got flooded with congratulation messages and pictures of his parents and siblings with the proud Junaid Ahmad himself for fulfilling his dream of achieving this remarkable success.
Junaid Ahmad says that there is no alternative to hard work, and one should not be afraid or demotivated by failures and stop in their way to achieving their goals. He says that failures are the stepping stones to success and learn from them and achieve your dreams.
IAS Junaid Ahmad’s Future Endeavour
The UPSC third topper Junaid Ahmad says that he can now solve the problems of people directly. He further adds that in IRS, one has to deal with taxation directly related to people.
As an IAS officer, he can now solve people’s problems immediately, and being an IAS is more of a responsibility than just an achievement. Junaid is overwhelmed with his success, and he believes that he has to work with the utmost integrity.
IAS Junaid Ahmad IAS booklist
- In the initial stages focus on NCERTs (especially the books of the 9th to 12th class).
- Later, focus on reports for Mains GS Paper 2 – for example – Administrative Reforms report, Budget document, Economic survey.
- For GS Mains 3 – NITI Aayog document – 3 years and 7 years document. This will help in preparing for the exam in a comprehensive manner.